Free Corneal Health Check For Your Eyes + Free Ciba Vision Starter Kit giveaways. Available at Subang Parade, Tropicana City Mall and 1 Utama.
Please register with us to make an appointment for the Corneal Health Check or please come in on the date as listed.
– Subang Parade (Tel: 03-56339204), 16-18 & 23-25 May 2014.
– Tropicana City Mall (Tel: 03-77279245) 30, 31 May – 01 June 2014 & 20-22 June 2014
– 1 Utama (Tel: 03-77102725) 13-15 & 20-22 June 2014
The cornea is the crystal clear (transparent) tissue that covering the front of the eye. It is a highly specialized tissue that refracts and transmits light to the lens and retina. If this tissue is injured, it may prevent light from entering the eye. It may lead to losing of the entire eyeball and blindness if it’s so severely damaged.
Corneal injury describes an injury to the cornea. Injuries to the outer surface of the cornea, also called corneal abrasions. It’s may be caused by:
– Overuse of contact lenses such as do not fit correctly.
– Reaction or sensitivity to contact lens solutions.
– Chemical irritation- from almost any fluid that gets into the eye.
– Scratches or scrapes on the surface of the cornea, also called an abrasion.
– Sunlight, sun lamps, snow or water reflection etc.
– Watery eyes or increased tearing.
– Eye pain or stinging and burning in the eye.
– Swollen eyelids.
– Blurred vision.
– Light sensitivity
– Redness of the eye.
Exams and tests
A complete eye exam must be done. Our optometrists may help you to identify the healthy level of your cornea.